Friday, January 31, 2014

Blog 13: Lesson 2 Reflection

Content
1. Positive Statement
What are you most proud of in your Lesson 2 Presentation and why?
The thing that I am most proud of from my Lesson 2 presentation is that I made time, because for my lesson 1 presentation I didn't make time and it hurt my senior project grade. When I speak in front of a large group of people I tend to talk really fast and skip over important information that I had planned to say, so being able to speak at a normal pace and making time is what I'm most proud about.

2.Questions to Consider
   a. What assessment would you give yourself on your Lesson 2 Presentation (self-assessment)?
                                AE       P       AP       CR       NC
    b.Explain why you deserve that grade using evidence from the Lesson 2 component contract.
I believe I deserve a P on my lesson 2 presentation because I was an effective communicator by keeping eye contact on my audience and maintained a good volume. I was also organized with my power point, activity, and lesson props. My power point was organized in a form that the exercises and information would flow, as well as my activity.    Throughout my answer I kept referring to research and my mentorship experience such as the example I gave with the tip my mentor gave me to memorize which muscle is the abductor and the adductor. My hook activity and activity both had the involvement of the entire audience because the case scenario had them work together and then discuss each one out to the class.

3. What worked for you in your Lesson 2?
Starting on my presentation early and practicing my presentation in front of my parents and friends really worked for me for my lesson 2. I got feedback from them when I practiced and was able to fix my errors such as speaking too fast.

4. (What didn't work) If you had a time machine, what would you have done differently to improve your Lesson 2?
What didn't work for me was that I had no enthusiasm throughout my presentation due to the fact that I was nervous and too focuses on making time.

5. Finding Value
What do you think your answer #2 going to be?
I think my answer #2 is having assessments every 2 weeks to track the patients progress.

1 comment: