Monday, January 6, 2014

Blog 10: Senior Project: The Holiday

Content:
1. Is it important to consistently work on your senior project, whether it is break or we are in school. What did you do over the break with your senior project?
Over winter break I took advantage of all the free time I had available by going to my mentorship as much as I could. My mentor only works at the facility, Tuesdays and Thursdays, so I was only able to go 4 days during winter break. I got 15 hours done during winter break, completing the 50 required mentorship hours but I will continue to attend because it has been a great experience for me.

2. What was the most important thing you learned from what you did and why? What was the source of what you learned?
The most important thing I learned from going into mentorship for a longer period of time, was that in order to increase the participation of patients was by keeping them engaged in the activity/exercise. If the patient is put to do an activity/exercise for an extensive amount of time, they become bored of it and stop working to their full potential. Having little breaks during activities/exercises, having a small conversation with the patient, or explaining to the patient how the activity/exercise is helping them made them participate to their full potential and participate. The source of what I learned was from my mentor Emily Sevilla and the hands on time I had to work with the patients.

3. If you were going to do a 10 question interview on questions related to answers of your EQ, who would you talk to and why?
I would talk to Anna, who is the supervisor of all the physical therapist at the facility and is a physical therapist. She has worked at that facility for several years and works with patients on the daily bases.

No comments:

Post a Comment