Thursday, May 29, 2014

Senior Project Reflection

(1) Positive Statement 
What are you most proud of in your Block Presentation and/or your senior topic? Why?
     There are many things that I am proud of from my block presentation, the main thing I am most proud of is that I made the 30 minute talking time. I was terrified that I was going to forget many important things while I was presenting which would shorten my speaking time but I remembered to say the majority of what I had planned and met the speaking time. Another thing I am proud of is that my audience did participate during my activity and were asking me questions. It made me feel like I made my presentation educational and fun during the activity.

(2) Questions to Consider
a.  What assessment would you give yourself on your Block Presentation (self-assessment)?

AE     P     AP     CR     NC

b.   What assessment would you give yourself on your overall senior project (self-assessment)?

AE    P     AP     CR     NC

(3) What worked for you in your senior project?
   The research checks worked for me. They really came into great use for my presentation by increasing my knowledge of my answers. Another thing that worked for me was mentorship. I did over the amount of hours required which really helped me for a bond with my mentor and learn a lot through experience with the patients.

(4) (What didn't work) If you had a time machine, what would have you done differently to improve your senior project if you could go back in time?
     I would of worked on assignments when they were first assigned so I could have a better final product. I could have possibly ended up with an AE on my senior project.

(5) Finding Value
How has the senior project been helpful to you in your future endeavors? Be specific and use examples.
    The senior project has helped me with future research I will have to conduct while in college. I now know where to search for reliable research and what I should be looking for in a good quality research article or book.  Through senior project I also learned that physical therapy isn't the right occupation for me. Going to mentorship twice a week and doing additional hours helped me experience the work area and the occupation. I was interested on studying to become a physical therapist but through mentorship I began to get bored of the repetitive work. I have decided to go into the engineering field instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment