Sunday, April 27, 2014

Blog 19: Independent Component 2

Literal:
(a) Statement saying: "I, student name, affirm that I completed my independent component which represents 30 hours of work."
I, Jazmin Castro, affirm that I completed my independent component which represents 30 hours of work.
(b) Cite your source regarding who or what article or book helped you complete the independent component
I took my online class from saylor.org which is a free academy online. I saw and took notes on lectures given by a UC Berkeley, Professor Marian Diamond. There was also many readings from the Gray's Anatomy book by Harvey Gray and other readings by other others. Then there was assessments from McGraw-Hill's Online Learning Center.
(c)Provide a digital spreadsheet (aka log of the 30 hours). Post it next to your mentorship log.
It is located on the right hand side of my blog.
(d) Explanation of what you completed.
I completed a free online course of BIO302: Human Anatomy. It consisted of 12 units; introduction to anatomy, integumentary system, skeletal system, muscular system, nervous system, cardiovascular system, lymphatic system, respiratory system, digestive system, urinary system, endocrine system, and the reproductive system.  Each unit consisted of lectures, assessments, interactive labs, and readings from the Gray's Anatomy book.

Interpretive
Defend your work and explain how the significant parts of your component and how it demonstrates 30 hours of work. Provide evidence (Photos, transcript, art work, videos, etc) of the 30 hours of work.
The significant part of taking the course was learning proper terms for the human body and how all of the systems work together to get a movement done. It  demonstrates more than 30 hours of work because I had to sit down and work for several hours in order to get through the readings, lectures, and assessments fro each unit. Each reading consisted of more than 40 pages, one of the readings was around 300 pages explaining every muscle through out the body and I had to go through it and write important notes on it. Most readings were around 300 pages because it was well detailed and explained every aspect that had to be known.

Cornell Notes on Unit 1: Introduction of Anatomy

Cornell Notes on Unit 3: Skeletal System


Cornell Notes on Unit 4: Muscular System



Interactive Lab 

Assessment on labeling

 Assessment on labeling the bone

Assessment on Labeling Lower Extremity Bones

Applied
How did the component help you answer your EQ? Please include specific examples to illustrate how it helped.
This component helped me answer my EQ by learning the human body and systems functions. I learned how movements are done by muscle contractions. I now have a foundation on how the human body works and know medical terms that will help with my EQ answers. Such as my first answer which consists of the physical therapist choosing the appropriate exercises to strengthen weakened muscles, now I know what muscles should be targeted to exercise and how it affects the entire area. Along with the muscles and bones that go along with the movement.

No comments:

Post a Comment